Space Apps Bangalore was held on April 29th & 30th. Thank you to the 541 people who joined the International Space Apps Challenge at this location. The local results, including the work of 43 teams, can be found below!
Local People's Choice Winner
The people have spoken! This is the project that captured our hearts.
We wish our global nominees the best of luck!
Welcome to the NASA Space Apps Challenge 2017 Bangalore page.
Together with Sristi Institute of Art, Design and Technology and Centre for Internet and Society, we will welcome space enthusiasts, hackers, students, designers, entrepreneurs, businessmen, makers, people with jobs/ no jobs, and virtually anyone who has a passion to solve problems!
While you need to come prepared with your night kit like tooth brush, your personal sleeping bags, if you will, we will try to make these 2 days really memorable for you. We will take care of the food of course but you are welcome to bring your food and share.
IMPORTANT: Please visit this link and fill up the form as we need some more information in order to host your better. These details were not captured earlier.
- Look at the the challenges posted for this year, as well as the ones solved over the last few years to get an idea of what you might be interested in working on.
- (Note: The complete list of challenges for 2016 will be posted only a week before the actual event, but some confirmed ones are already posted)
- You may either form a team with a friend or colleague, or find someone who complements your interest on the days of the challenge
- Whether you are a designer who likes to work with your hands and mind, a maker who likes to build mechanics and structures, a technologist/engineer who wants to play with hardware, or a coder who is into making apps for the web, play with data and write algorithms, there is space for everyone to contribute to a group challenge in some way.
In then end, judges will select local nominations and winners that will enter the global judging process that shall shortlist the best to receive support and mentorship from flagship organizations including NASA.
Participation is open to all irrespective of Age/Gender/Ethnicity, whether you are in high school, undergrad, a PhD researcher, an amateur scientist or a professional.
Some more basics!
1. Registration to the https://2017.spaceappschallenge.org/locations/bangalore/ Bangalore location is mandatory
2. We will take care of your food for both the days
3. In case you plan to hack through the night but take power naps at times then we request you to bring your own night kit or personal sleeping bags. We will do limited arrangement for mattresses.
4. Carrying power banks would be a bonus.
5. Carrying extension cords would be great too. We will try to provide as many as we can but if you are prepared then it is all the more better.
6. Carry your stationary such as pens, paper, markers, charts paper etc that would help you in collaboration.
7. Parking is available only to SAP employees inside the campus. Externals can use the visitors parking however the space is limited which makes public transport a great option.
8. Dont forget to get your computing devices, laptops, tablets - basically the gear you need for the hacktahon.
Lets all come together and have fun!
Don't forget to check out the pre-hackathon page.
Saturday, April 29th
- Registration and Space Breakfast
- Welcome Note/ Orientation
Hackathon Day 1
Hackathon Day 1 - Overnight
Sunday, April 30th
- Hackathon Day 2
- Prepare for Pitching
Pitches and Judging