The Challenge | Live Smart
Evaluate environmental, social, and economic data to design tools and plan blueprints for smart and connected rural and urban settlements.
An app which will help to save our environment by focusing on the increasing CO2 level in a area and notifying proper authorities. It will also rise people awareness of his surrounding environment. Accurate real time weather report including the rate of C02 in the nature. With it you can know the condition of our nature, so that you can take necessary steps.
2. MQ135 CO2 Sensor
3. Ethernet shield
4. Eathernet Shield
5. Connecting wires
6. Bread board
App building procedure:
- First we will need to buy the necessary hardware parts for this project.
- We will then assemble the hardware parts and run tests.
- We will have to necessary coding for Arduino, MG811 CO2 Sensor and the GSM shield so that we can measure the CO2 level in the air and send a message.
- We will then develop necessary codes for building an app for our project
- We will add user interface and features for our app so that it can be accessible and user-friendly.
- At last we will go through some tests to check if our app is working as expected.
Our app’s main features will be to collect the info about the CO2 level in an area and notify the people and authorities .The advantages of our app are following.
- Our app will measure CO2 level of an area and then notify the people of that area. So we can rise people awareness.
- By raising awareness people will know witch area has a god environment to live in.
- After notifying the people of a certain area, they will be given a week to plant trees and control CO2 release thus making the environment more livable.
- If the CO2 level is not decreased even a little or increased, it will send a message to the authorities to take steps.
- This app will be accessible by public so that anyone can know the status of the environment they are in.
- With proper help we can place devices in more and more areas thus one day can monitor the CO2 level of the whole country and control its release so that we can have a safer environment.
- By decreasing CO2 release we will be able to decrease global warming and the rising water level.
- It’s a very simple and applicable project so like mobile network towers this project can monitor one area per device but together they can make a network which can monitor the whole country.
In future we will extend our project. Now this project works for a specific area. But we will implement this project for nationally and everyone get information from anywhere .We will add extra features like mapping mechanism .For example everyone needs drinkable safe water. But safe water not available everywhere. We will add a location system which will help to locate safe water sources in nearby areas.